Saturday, August 30, 2008

Little Boy's/Men

Now I’m sure your thinking this is about small boy’s. I’m not talking about the children aspect……..actually, I guess I am on a different level.

I’m talking about men who “pout” and make your life miserable when they don’t get their way. I’m so tired of this “little boy” thing where “you’ll take your toys and go home, if we don’t play your way!”

Not being a “morning person”, leaves me open to the perils of this morning person”. I love to sleep-in on the weekends and he’s up at 6:00am with the TV on. Most of the time he has the decency to turn it down low. But he still coughs, blows his snout, talks to the cat, and goes back and forth to the bathroom. Five or six days a week, I get up and make coffee, to get him off to work. So, why can’t he sleep in at least one day, with me? Hey, we live in a small house and every little sound catches my ears. I lived alone for 4 years, so listening for sounds was a priority, to safety. Now it’s just a aggravation to my sleeping in.

The cat doesn’t help either. He loves to run through the house, romping and playing with whatever. During these romps, he knocks things over or goes sliding on the kitchen floor. If he only knew what I was thinking about doing to him, he might get somewhere in the corner and be quiet.

What possessed me to think that I needed a relationship, in the first place….is beyond me. I thought I was alone and lonely……..yeah, right! Back then it was the man across the street, interrupting my sleep on the weekends, cranking up his loud truck or riding lawn mower. Oh yeah, he rode the lawn mower, right by my bedroom window, mowing the yard next door. I’m positive he was trying to do it to aggravate me. (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) Anyway, I could rumble around and get up when I wanted, without putting up with someone else’s needs. Yeah, it was lonely, but nice and peaceful. Why did I take that away from myself and get this “morning person” to bother me? I sure haven’t any clue.

No comments: