Saturday, August 30, 2008

In My Dreams.

There was a time for love…

But only in my dreams.

Fleeting moments of happiness

flooded my soul..

I was unable to keep control,

The love was felt, only by me

The distance very clear,

I still couldn’t see

There was no love for me.

Try as I could, the best heart to give,

I gave to the world,

Where I wanted to live.

My dreams billowed as clouds,

Swirling, becoming wild with excitement.

My eyes just couldn’t see

The clouds were black and green.

As the storm pounded my world,

I found disaster at every thought.

Gone the beautiful fluffy dreams,

Lost the excitement of love.

The heart had no place to go, no place to grow.

No way to give, so how could it live?

There was a time for love……..

But only in my dreams………….

by Nita Watson

No comments: