Saturday, August 30, 2008

Big Red

I in the last few months have been trying to get this poor stray cat, that started coming into my yard and eating leftovers I’d throw out for the birds. He was really beat up, when he first showed up, as if a dog or another cat had attacked him. I put out food to help him survive and slowly he got better. He chose food that was leftovers, rather than cat food, so I’d put out some of my leftovers each evening. Soon, I would see him at the back door waiting while sniffing my cooking. 0011.JPG Being a tomcat, means that every tomcat in the neighborhood, will try to attack you if a female, in season, is in the area. He faired okay for awhile, but recently he come into the yard all beat up again. My tomcat isn’t very nice to him either, and runs around jumping at him, trying to establish his ground. Fortunately, Big Red just ignores him, like he’s a child. I’m really scared for Big Red, this time since he doesn’t look too good. I can’t get close enough to him, because he will run away. So, I can’t do anything for him. I’m afraid these may be his last days alive and I sure hate watching him go down. The poor thing has survived no telling what, and now it’s come down to this. What a shame.

UPDATE

We haven’t seen this cat in over 3 months, so it’s my thought’s that he’s expired. Poor thing, he was just trying to make it out there.

No comments: