Monday, September 8, 2008

High School Sweetheart.........

I remember it like it was today…………

My lost love, whom I hope is still alive………he was 3 years ago, when I found him on the internet, and made an effort to contact him………he called me and we talked for a few minutes……..he said what he want me to hear and said a fast “goodbye”. That was the extent of it……..

I hurt with a deep thud in my stomach for a few weeks, and every time the phone rang, I looked to see if it was his number………alas, by nay…..he never made contact again.

Being one year older than me…….he could very well have passed on in the last 3 years…..who knows, but I respect his wishes, and have not made another effort of contact.

Ray, was my high school sweetheart, and we planned to get married, the weekend he came home on leave, from basic training in the Marines. It never happened, because his estranged jealous mother, broke us up, saying we were too young to know what we were doing. Actually, she had lost him to his Dad, back when he was a baby with the child custody thing, so she finally had her grown son, back in her life and she wasn’t about to give him up now. I hurt really bad over the breakup, the way it all came about. Her lies about me, were what hurt the most, and I couldn’t understand why she did it, except she wanted to find the best possible way to tear him away from me. That’s exactly what she accomplished. I hadn’t done anything to her, so I couldn’t grasp her deeds toward me, except being a very malicious, horrible, unhappy person.

I saw Ray, one more time, after it all happened. He came to see me after I had already married another man, and had a child. He told me that he had gotten another girl pregnant, out there in California, and was going to do the right thing and marry her. That was the last time I saw him and several years down the road, I got up enough guts, to call his Mom, who still live in a nearby town, here in Texas and she told me Ray had gotten his electrical degree from college,(quite an accomplishment) and that him and his wife had a son. So, that was it, he had done what he said he was going to do, Ray was that way.

This last time I called him, was just to make connections and find out if he was still alive after all these years. The love is still felt by me and I hope in a way, his is too.

No comments: