Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fried Chicken Anyone?

I sure do like “fried chicken”, and it likes to put pounds on me……….I just can’t seem to resist the fried chicken, cream gravy, creamed potatoes, hot rolls and a tossed salad. I pour the gravy on the chicken, potatoes, and rolls and I’m in “hog heaven”. I’ll sit there and eat until every savory morsel is gone. I love my food………..it’s something I’ve always had a craving for. For some people it’s hard to fry chicken, that turns out good. I had to work at it for years. Believe me, it wasn’t as easy as breading it and putting it in the grease and frying. I got several pieces, that still had the center raw. So, trail and error became the standard in everything, I’ve learned to cook over the years. I’ve really learned how to make it all taste “very” good. Guess that ’s why everyone comes to my house for the holidays. They know where the good food is going to be and that I’ll be cooking……..lol.

4 to 6 pieces chicken

1 c. flour

1 tsp. oregano

1 tsp. basil

1 tsp. garlic powder

3/4 c. oil

In bowl mix together dry ingredients, rinse chicken pieces in water, baste in flour mix. In lg. skillet, place oil and arrange basted chicken. Fry until sides start to brown, turn and pierce with fork. When both sides are brown, make sure to pierce again, just in to be sure middle of pieces are done. Remove to paper toweled plate, to drain off excess oil. Serve hot.

No comments: