Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Need Tax Help?

The time is upon us and we are gearing up to do our 2008 taxes. Like me, there are many, who are still waiting for their W-4's or 1099's. I've made sure that all the different places, I've worked have the right address and social security number. Now, the waiting begins and it seems to take forever for these places to send them. I'm glad that I don't live in a state where you have to file state taxes. Once I live in Oklahoma and had to file them along with the regular taxes. I had to find state income tax help because I didn't have the knowledge to file it correctly. I'm glad that I don't own a business, because I would have to file a 941 which is a employee withholding tax. The IRS IRS 941 is imposed and due each quarter but if not paid, penalties and interest will be added to the tax owed. If you do not make arrangements and let your taxes go ignored. They will close down your business and take all the property, which will be sold for the taxes owed. There's also a problem of being with a spouse that hasn't quite told you the truth about their tax situation. The IRS innocent spouse can be filed if you can prove that you had no knowledge of the misfiled tax. I never had this enacted for me back when I had a spouse withhold knowledge from my about his taxes. Should you need help with your taxes, contact these people and get more information.

No comments: