Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tornadoes

Dallas, TX was attacked with a bout of tornadoes, yesterday afternoon, which left some damage to a warehouse on the west side of town.  I heard the sirens go off, and wonder just what was going on that time of day.  When they kept repeating themselves every few minutes, I went to the TV and turned it on.  Sure enough there was the weather man showing an on the ground movement with a funnel cloud casting it's way downward from a wall cloud looming over it.  I ran and grabbed some clothes and proceeded to get dressed should I be called for help from the Red Cross.  I volunteer there once a week and know that if anything big arises, I will be needed in the warehouse to pull supplies for the DAT teams at the shelter's.  I also wanted to make sure that I had all my important things close to me in case one should come over to our area of town. 
We were lucky and so was the rest of the town, that was the only flare up we had that was of any significance. 

No comments: