Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shop Smart

When you get a good deal, stock your freezer so you can avoid buying when the price is high. And if you plan on freezing the food, "best before" dates shouldn't worry you; the product will stay fresh until you thaw and cook it.  Pay attention to sales on necessity items and stock up on non-perishables and freezer goods.  Knowing what you have in the cabinet means that you can wait to make your purchases until items are on sale.  To minimize your cash outlay, prepare a shopping list before you leave home. Once the list is made, purchase only the items on the list, and avoid impulse buys.  I find I can get through the store faster by looking only for the items I have on my list.  When my list has been completed, then I go to the checkout line and make my exit.

No comments: