Sunday, April 11, 2010

Texas Stadiom is Gone.......

I remember seeing it being built, and the excitement when it opened many years ago.  I went there a couple of times to Cowboy games, but wasn't able to afford the ticket prices and parking.  So staying home and watching it on the TV became more convenient.
This morning I awoke to the booming sound of the fireworks going off, just before the implosion.  At first I thought it was thunder, and rain was approaching.  When it didn't stop and kept booming, I realized it was the Texas Stadium Implosion taking place.  I picked up the remote and turned on the TV in time to watch the fireworks display complete and then the countdown, before the young man pushed the button.  The rest is history, as is the stadium of the Cowboy's for so many years.  Now it lies in a huge pile of rubble, waiting for the cleanup crews and their mighty machines to remove the debris.
So long and goodbye to the memories and the great times had by all in this once huge beautiful stadium....!

No comments: