Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thank A Soldier........

Due to overwhelming demand, Thank A Soldier is having an overload, and so it's my pleasure to try and help by posting this article from their email to me.

STARTING THIS CAUSE
Why did you start Thank a soldier?
You can go to thankasoldier.net and read my "About Me" but briefly It started over three years ago when I heard there was a Tim Hortons in Afghanistan and came up with a Idea to send troops free coffee. Then just about a year ago I was listening to a song by Julian Austin called "The Red & White" which has a line in it "Do we take the time to thank a soldier" and it all started with that.

DONATIONS:

1. Why does this cause not have a beneficiary?
When this cause was first started December 28th 2008 I had chosen a Canadian Military charity as the beneficiary, but after a lot of people started to join from all over the world I wanted to make it about showing our men and women gratitude and not about donations so I removed it all together. As the numbers started to get larger and larger I was getting flooded with requests by charities to be added as the beneficiary also which got out of control.

2. How is Thankasoldier.net able to stay advertisement free and no donations?
Through the sale of our t-shirts we are able to pay for hosting fees and other expenses related to the site and I like not having any advertisements on there because it keeps the authenticity of the site and I have gotten many comments from soldiers and family members for keeping it that way.

OTHER THANKASOLDIER LINKS:
Website : http://thankasoldier.net
BLOG: http://thankasoldier.wordpress.com
Follow us on Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/thankasoldier
YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/moosemurphy
Contact Email: Info@thankasoldier.net


FAMILY MEMBER TRIBUTE PAGE ON THANKASOLDIER.NET

1. How do I submit a tribute for a soldier?
If you are a family member or friend who has the permission of the family to do a online tribute simply email a write up on them to info@thankasoldier.net and include three or more photos. Preferably one in uniform and some not in uniform. If you would like to see the few that have already been done you can go to Thankasoldier.net and click on TRIBUTES

No comments: