Monday, January 27, 2014

Cold

The sun may be out and all but it's very cold here in the North Texas areas.  It's been in the 30's all day and I don't relish my heating bill this month.  Last months was bad enough.  When your heating bill is more than your electric bill, then you know it's been a cold month.  Texas has been lucky in recent years, with temps that were tolerable.  This winter has been a bit colder and I'm feeling it with every wind that slaps my cheeks.  I sure hope we miss all the ice that's been moving around the nation.  We had one onslaught recently and that was enough to level many trees here.  I don't like hearing large limbs crashing down on my roof.  It's very scary, to think one could come through and cause structural damage to my home.  I can't afford that subject at all.  I've got my fingers crossed for some better weather very soon.

No comments: