Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oh My.......

The weather, has really taken it's toll on property and lives in the last few months.  I recently volunteered for the Red Cross Chapter in my area and got as much training as I have been able to get.  Still I'm not really ready to advance into the mass disaster areas, without someone beside me who is experienced.  When I found all the different aspects of mass disaster relief, it became a scary situation.  I'm sure I'm not strong enough to handle some of the situations, that could arise.  My boss has been deployed to Oklahoma for 3 weeks and from the stories I've heard from reports up there, she has had her job cut out for her.  She told her boss, that she's doing well and that her time there, so far has been a good experience.  At the time she was on the phone to her boss, there were more storms in the area, and threats of tornadoes loomed about.  I only hope that the weather holds and she can come back to us soon, cause I'm getting bored not being able to work down here in our Chapter office.

No comments: