Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Modem

I certainly, have been through a big mess in the last week or so. It seems everything was going against me, as far as my DSL service was concerned. A storm hit, last week, then it came back up..........needless to say, that wasn't the last of it. The electric company decided to install a new digital electric meter throughout the neighborhood, thereby causing a spike, and shutting down my service once again. THEN, to add insult to injury, just when I got it back working again, the phone service tech, came out and checked the line, only to knock it back off again and this time totally destroy the modem. What seemed to be forever to a computer geek, I finally wrangled a another tech to come out, giving me the unpleasant news, that my modem was fried and that I should buy another one. ATT, was not bound to offer me another one free, for my service that I pay so highly for each month. They stuck me with an extra $63.00 on my phone bill for this coming month. Wasn't that nice of them to hit me with more money, while they are cutting back on service, and their personnel, is going on strike because of it? People, we just can't win anymore, and believe me everyone has their hands out for your money.

No comments: